Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day () The Return! (Oh, great *facepalm*)

That's right! I'm, back!

So it has been about a year since I worked at that retched amusement park, and I am glad that I do not work there any longer! But, I made an unfortunate visit to the park about two weeks ago...

It was just as I remembered it...run down, unsanitary, crowded and not worth the money. Oh, the times me and that park used to have...how I don't miss them! A lot hasn't changed in the park; in fact, things have gotten worse. Would you like to enjoy a nice bumper car ride? Too bad! The bumper cars desperately need to be replaced. They hardly work anymore. But on the plus side, they decided to replace the coaster for The Comet...or spray paint it a new colour. Who knows. We did go into the water park, but once again, I really don't want to see the effects of McDonald's...but see them, I did. It's really not what I want to see, but unfortunately, you can't go anywhere in the states without seeing it. Now, me and my sister didn't swim because of our newly acquired injuries (ATV's can and DO flip over..........) and it is a good thing because it was just overwhelmingly unsanitary and disgusting. If there is anything that desperately needs to be fixed up, its the water park. Sure, the new "toilet bowl" ride is pretty sweet, but that is the only thing that is sanitary looking and that is only because its new.

And, you know, it wouldn't kill them to put chemicals in the water that turns pee blue...




...you have NO IDEA what you're really swimming in when it comes to public swimming park and pools... (Photo from the movie "Grown-Ups")



But anyway, the rides were okay. The Crazy Mouse, or Wild Cat, or whatever the devil that little coaster-like thing is called wasn't so bad. But of course, it is only a few years old. The Ferris Wheel, on the other hand could use with some colour. The thing looks like it hasn't been painted in years (probably true). It would make it look a little less old and dangerous if it has some colour to it. And we didn't even dare venture onto the Full Tilt after our experience last year with loose harnessing.

Speaking of loose harnessing, did I mention that my cousin's friend experienced a potentially life threatening moment that had to do with the park's only good ride? Yup, Amber's lock barn came flying up after the first hill on The Comet. It's a damn good thing there was a seat belt! And, if she would have said something to one of the attendants, she could have totally sued or something along those lines...or at least get a free pass for being in such a dangerous situation! Obviously they don't check the lock bars very well before take off. I know if that were me, I would be complaining my head off! Not to be a bitch or anything, but come on! What if you were in that predicament? Imagine being on Cedar Point's Top Thrill Dragster and having your lock down bar fly up. Doesn't sound so minor now, does it? 420 feet straight up AND down at 120mph with no lock down bar? Best of luck.

So that was terrifying. Did I mention the faulty antique cars? Yea, my cousin drove the rear wheel off the track FIVE TIMES. It would seem that the antique cars need a new track. Maybe one that could actually keep the cars on them. Hmmm...sounds crazy, right!? But unfortunately, they are too cheap to fix up their park. All I know is that when my cousin learns to drive, I will be sure to get off the road.

Speaking of out dated, has anyone seen the Wild Western show? We didn't see it, but we could hear it going on as we entered the park. Of course, I don't need to see it to know that they have a shoot out, pick an audience member to join in the fight, and have the 'bad guy' get shot off the roof and fall onto a probably thirty year old mat, and then all the kids stampede over to the cowboys to get our honorary sheriff badges. Can you tell I have seen the show a few times? One time, my uncle was that luck audience member to join in the show. Pretty fun at the time, but of course, when they have been doing the same show for as long as the park has been open, and like five times a day, it gets kind of old. Yup, they are so cheap that they can't come up with maybe a second or third skit so audience members aren't seeing the same show three times a day. Good job.

Overall, this park still needs a major make over. But I highly doubt that that is going to happen because the owner is obviously a very cheap man if he has let it get this bad. And the worst part is that he is making a shit load of money on his crappy run down park. *sigh* the world today. Instead of riding crappy rides, why not go play outside? Throw a rock, kick a can, have an adventure. Go find Never Neverland! Do something productive! Don't waste money on this crappy park! Goodness!

(Hook (1991). Lost Boys of Neverland)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha this all is very true. What a great day! Hahaha NOT. The toilet bowl, Crazy Mouse, and Comet were the best... i guess. I'm saying next year we go to Darien Lake.

    ReplyDelete