Friday, August 7, 2009

Day Eleven: The Crazy Bus (Can’t I just have a new ride!?!?)

Yes, once again I was put on the that damn bus. I wasn’t going to complain though, I was in no mood for it. I was just ready to start the day so it could be over. My friend had finally snapped over my depressing and moody behavior for the last few weeks and told me off. So I could care less if I was on the bus, and I didn’t try to cheer up for the customers either. So I was there, somber looking, and probably scared some children away (yes!). Though scaring children away wasn’t my goal. I guess my depressing mood was obvious because one woman in particular was watching me as she sat on the bus with her younger kids. I slammed one of the doors of the bus a bit harder than necessary and she said something about me having a temper. I rolled my eyes and walked away. If what has been happening to me the last month or so was happening to her, I don’t think she would be all cheery and perky either. So deal.

I went on my first break--which was only an hour after I started working--and tried to sort things out with my friend. I ate, sat there for a while thinking things over, then went back to work, still as upset as I was when I started. People came, people went, and I could care less if they noticed my somber mood. I did have to laugh a bit when this one girl, probably thirteen or fourteen, came over to ride. She was very enthusiastic about riding, as if the crazy bus was the best ride in the park. It was quite entertaining. So she and like two littler kids rode (and rode again because of the absence of a line.) After, she ran off to her friends begging them to ride with her. It was quite funny. But not even that could completely cheer me up. I had a lot of older kids ride the bus today, quite strange indeed. I had two guys that were around my age ride (they were quite excited), and a group of girls my age. One even told me that it was the best ride ever and personally thanked me by name. Then went on to make sure that I didn’t think she was a stalker for knowing my name, and that she had read it off my nametag. This, I couldn’t help laughing at.

After my second break, I walked back to the bus, and just as I was rounding the corner of Bopper’s, I saw Lindsay telling everyone to put their arms up so she could release the retrain bars. She was very enthusiastic about it and put her arms up to demonstrate. I felt bad. She was running my ride better than I was. I was just being all miserable with a rain cloud over my head and I forgot that I’m supposed to be making the guests’ day enjoyable. I tried to perk up, being all friendly and talkative to the kids and parents. It only lasted about forty-five minutes before my rain cloud overtook me again. At least I tried. At around seven thirty, the park was so deserted that it seemed like it should close an hour early. But, of course, they wouldn’t be that nice. So for the last hour, I stood there, gave a few rides, and laughed at this guy that was walking by. He looked over at me as he passed and I smiled, then, as he kept walking he kept looking back at me like ever 5 seconds. It was pretty comical. Finally he was out of sight. Very strange indeed.
I gave my last ride and it ended at 8:29. Finally! Last ride! I had kids asking if they could ride again, and I was filled with relief when I told them we were closed. Another day gone, leaving me with one less work day.


My day in a nutshell: “Hands up, everyone!”

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up, keep it up, keep that, keep that spirit up! You can do it Arizona!!!!! S-P-I-R-I-T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the first follower yay!!!!!

    ReplyDelete